The Sui Generis Seat comes as a kit with installation instructions and tools included. It does not require any permanent modification to your Segway and can be installed easily on any platform (i2, x2, i2SE, x2SE).
It features one parking stand mechanism that “anchors” the Segway for easy mounting and dismounting.
You can choose between two steering systems: The removable stick is great for lightweight and intuitive steering. The “Dock” enables you to reverse and attach the upper half of your Segway’s handle–and feel like you are driving a scooter! Please specify your preference after ordering this seat.
The Bucket seat provides comfort and stability while turning. It has embedded suspension springs. Your back will not suffer any time you roll over a curb. You can choose the color of your seat’s cusions as well. Tell us about your choice, after ordering this seat.
You can order your seat at the specific height that best fits your needs. The minimum height of the seat is 62 cm on a Segway i2 platform* (24.4 inches) and the maximum height is 74 cm (29.1 inches). Why ? If you have to move your body from a wheelchair onto the Sui Generis Seat, then the height of the seat must be the lowest possible. If you are using walking sticks, you can enjoy the higher seat and all of its benefits (e.g. the higher you sit, the more intuitive the Segway feels). Please specify the height that you prefer after ordering your seat.
*For Segway x2 platform add 2cm extra
- Parking: Robust parking stand with rachet mechanism. For right- or left-handed users. Telescopic rubber ends for safe stabilization both indoors and outdoors.
- Seat: Bucket Seat 40 x 37 cm (15.7 x 14.5 in) with embedded suspension
- Seat height on a Segway i2* platform: From 63 to 75cm (25 to 29.5 in)
- Footrest: Single wide footrest or double, independently adjustable footrests.
- Steering : Removable stick or Segway OEM reversed steer dock
- Combatibility : For Segway i2, x2, i2SE, x2SE platforms
* For Segway x2 platform add 25 cm (1 inch)
** The OEM dock is not combatible with the latest Segway i2SE, x2 SE platforms unless if you have the upper half of a Segway i2/x2 steering column.
*** Estimated dispatch time: 28 days (we are working hard to shorten lead times)