This is the most feature-rich sitting device we have ever designed. It comes as a kit with installation instructions and tools included. It does not require any permanent modification to your Segway and can be installed easily on any platform (i2, x2, i2SE, x2SE).
You can choose between two steering systems: The removable stick is great for lightweight and intuitive steering. The “Dock” enables you to reverse and attach the upper half of your Segway’s handle–and feel like you are driving a scooter! Please specify your preference after ordering this seat.
The square seat is often preferred by people with SCI. It has embedded suspension springs and your back will not suffer any time you roll over a curb. You can also choose the color of your seat’s cushions. Please specify your color preference after ordering the seat.
The square seat can reach the lowest possible height since it can almost fit between the Segway’s fenders. You can order your seat at the specific height which fits your needs. The minimum height of this seat can be between 59 cm on a Segway i2 platform* (23.2 in) and 74 cm (29 in). Why? Because if you have to transfer your self from another wheelchair on the Sui Generis Seat then the height of the seat must be the lowest possible. If you are using walking sticks, you can enjoy the higher seat and all of its benefits (e.g.The higher you sit, the more intuitive the segway feels). Please specify your preferred height after ordering your seat.
*For segway x2 platform add 2 cm extra
- Parking: Primary parking stand with telescopic rubber ends for safe stabilization both indoors and outdoors. Secondary, independent parking stand with caster wheels that enable you to roll the Segway by hand like a wheelchair.
- Seat: Square Seat 37 x 37 cm (14.5 x 14.5 in) with embedded suspension
- Seat height on a Segway i2* platform: From 59 to 74 cm (23.2 to 29 in)
- Footrest: Single wide footrest or double, indepentently adjustable footrests.
- Steering : Removable stick or Segway OEM reversed steer dock**
- Compatibility : For Segway i2, x2, i2SE, x2SE platforms
* For Segway x2 platform add 2,5cm (1 inch).
** The OEM dock is not compatible with the latest Segway i2SE, x2 SE platforms unless if you have the upper half of a Segway i2/x2 steering column.
*** Estimated dispatch time: 28 days (we are working hard to shorten lead times!)